Friday, February 10, 2012

Learning to use your Art Philosophy cartridge!

Ok, My favorite item that Close to my Heart has recently added to their line is the exclusive Close to my Heart Art philosophy Cricut cartridge. I have written instructions that go with all of the kits that I make, and I needed to be able to refer to the keys on the machine, and have you understand which one you need to press to make any given image, so this is what I cam up with... Let me know what you think.

First I will explain how you will know which function button to press when reading my instructions for assembly of paper crafts when using the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. When looking at your cricut keypad on the left there are 2 columns that are pressed to activate various functions on your cartridge. These are grey in color on your overlay if you are going to be using the “Main” image, you do not press any of the function keys. If however you want to activate a function key, they will be referred to in my instructions with Roman Numerals from I to VI.

Function keys for the art philosophy cartridge are as follows

I= layer

II= Decorative Layer

III= Tag

IV= Card

V= Font

VI=Font layer

Next it is essential to understand that each function has 2 images on each key. If you want the first image pictured, you just press the function key first, then the correlating key. If you want the second image to be cut on your cricut, you need to first press the function key, and then SHIFT, and then the corresponding key. I refer to this in the instructions with a capital S.

To know which key you need for your selected image, there are 5 rows top to bottom of images. I refer to these as A, B, C, D, E

And each column right to left is referred to by number. 1- 10

A-1

A-2

A-3

A-4

A-5

A-6

A-7

A-8

A-9

A-10

B-1

B-2

B-3

B-4

B-5

B-6

B-7

B-8

B-9

B-10

C-1

C-2

C-3

C-4

C-5

C-6

C-7

C-8

C-9

C-10

D-1

D-2

D-3

D-4

D-5

D-6

D-7

D-8

D-9

D-10

E-1

E-2

E-3

E-4

E-5

E-6

E-7

E-8

E-9

E-10

So if I want to cut a card base with a heart cut out, (Page 26 in handbook) I would abbreviate it as IV(S/A-6)

But if I want to cut just a plain heart (also on page 26) I would refer to it as S/A-6



On the same page if I want the number 6, I would refer to it as V(A-6)

********HINT When I first get a new cartridge I write the letter-number code on each page of the handbook. Then when I have a stampset that correlates to the image, I write with a Sharpie the code next to the image where Close to My Heart has written the size of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment